When you want to launch a blog website like this, you might want to use this checklist to make sure you have covered all features a blog should have.
- Taxonomies. Use taxonomies to easily relate content to other blog posts. A taxonomy in this website are: tags and authors. The authors doesn’t make sense in this site, but I might want to add external writers to my blog post or open source my blog for other persons or groups.
- Open Graph. Add an Open Graph section to the header of your website. When you share the blog post on social media, it will get a nice text & image. This image is also used in the RSS feed.
- Code highlighting. Hugo has the ability to include code including syntax highlighting. Stay tuned, a blog post on how to do this is coming up soon.
- Cookies. Avoid any trouble by enabling a cookieconsent. I’ve used this one. It’s easy to implement, and is not in your face.
- RSS. Enable an RSS feed on your blog, so people can easily get notified when you publish a new blog post.
If you have any thoughts or ideas that are missing in this list, please let me know!